WGM Sulennis Pina Vega is Cuba National Women's Chess Champion 2014
The latest FIDE chess news update is about the Cuban Chess Championship for Women that was held from 5th to 15th February in Pinar del Rio. Twelve players competed in the round robin tournament with the average elo 2264.
WGM Sulennis Pina Vega won the championship with 8 points, narrowly edging WGMs Vigoa Apecheche and Marrero Lopez.
1. WGM Pina Vega Sulennis 2279 Granma - 8
2-3. WGM Vigoa Apecheche Yanira 2321 Matanzas and WGM Marrero Lopez Yaniet 2324 Las Tunas - 7.5
4. WGM Ordaz Valdes Lisandra Teresa 2363 Pinar Del Rio - 7
5. WGM Arribas Robaina Maritza 2309 Santiago De Cuba - 6.5
6. WIM Hernandez Moya Yuleisy 2227 La Habana - 5.5
7-8. WGM Linares Napoles Oleiny 2334 Santiago De Cuba and WIM Miranda Llanes Yerisbel 2228 Pinar Del Rio - 5
9. WIM Llaudy Pupo Lisandra 2260 Holguin - 4.5
10. WFM Miranda Rodriguez Tania 2202 Camaguey - 4
11. WFM Romero Nunez Wendy 2101 La Habana - 3.5
12. WIM Fleites Marti Yuleikys 2225 Villa Clara - 2
Also see her personal chess blog
Don't miss Chess Queen™