GM Maxim Turov wins Seville Chess Open 2014
Quinten Ducarmon Dutch IM and IM Armenian Tigran Simonian Achieved a nice result by sharing the second place with experienced GM Carlos Matamoros .
International Open Chess City of Sevilla 2014 Organized by the Federation was Sevillana Chess, With support from Instituto Municipal Sports Hall Sevilla, Tourism and Trade Andalusian and Education Culture and Sports Government of Andalusia.
The tournament was held on 10-18th January at the Hotel Silken Al Andalus Palace in Seville, Spain.
The playing format was 9-round Swiss. 221 players from 18 countries country competed, including seven Grandmasters and International Masters 6. (www.chessdom.com)
Top Final standings:
1. GM Maxim Turov RUS 2586-8
2. IM DUCARMON Quinten NED 2456 - 7.5
3. GM MATAMOROS FRANCO Carlos S. ECU 2531 - 7.5
4. IM SIMONIAN Tigran ARM 2412 - 7.5
5. Jose padeiro BY FM 2337-7
6. FM GALVAN GONZALEZ Juan Manuel ESP 2238-7
7. WIM CONGIU Mathilde FRA 2226-7
8. FM MONTERO MELENDEZ Rafael ESP 2350-7
9. GM Ruslan Pogorelov UKR 2377-7
10. Cesar GALLARDO FERNANDEZ ESP 2244-7
From Alexandra Kosteniuk's
Also see her personal chess blog
Don't miss Chess Queen™