South Asian Amateur Chess Championship in Nepal Feb 1-6
The latest chess news via FIDE is that the South Asian Amateur Chess Championship 2014 will be held in Kathmandu, Nepal from February 1-6.
Venue:Covered Hall, National Sports Council, Tripureshor, Kathmandu, Nepal.
* System of Play: As per FIDE Laws of chess & Swiss System 9 rounds game will be played. Swiss Manager Software will be use for pairings.
* Time Control: 90 min. + 30 sec. /per move from move 1.
* Tie- break: The latest FIDE Rules shall apply. The cash prizes won't be share.
* Special Rule: The tournament is only for players under FIDE rating 2000 or without rating. Feb. 2014 FRL will be used for the ranking list.
* Players with FIDE titles except CM are not allowed to participate in this event.
For more details download the brochure from the FIDE website.
From Alexandra Kosteniuk's
Also see her personal chess blog
Don't miss Chess Queen™